Zero Carbon Yorkshire Wiki
What is Zero Carbon Yorkshire?
Across Yorkshire, there are thousands of people doing their bit to make the changes needed to tackle climate change.
In our businesses, our communities, our local councils, in our universities and colleges and as individuals, we are steering our wonderful county in the right direction.
Zero Carbon Yorkshire has been set up to meet the following aims:
- Be a fantastic forum for people to share their skills and experience on what works (or doesn't)
- Enable people to keep up to date with the latest news and research on low carbon stuff
- Run and promote events that people's potential to influence and drive change
- Make Yorkshire into one of the global beacons of how to tackle climate change
We want to work at the community level and across themes. Check out the thematic working groups and get involved in your area of interest. Let us know what's happening in your village or town. Spread the word about what you're doing.
See also the Zero Carbon Yorkshire WordPress site.
What's on the site?
Loads of useful stuff from research reports to news about events.
You can search by theme or by where things are happening - and you can add new pages and content.
This is your wiki - please use it to share your knowledge and skills with others.
Add that useful bit of info that made you go "Oooh" and you think might interest others with a shared passion for your subject.
Here's the list of themes we've got currently:
- Low Carbon Buildings
- Community Renewables
- Fossil fuel divestment
- Behaviour change
- Low Carbon Transport (inc Air Quality)
- Land Management
- Flooding and Climate Adaptation
- Keeping fossil fuels in the ground
And here's some links to local areas - follow them to find out what's happening in your local area:
To create an account on this wiki ask your wikimaster to create an account for you by using the create account page (the account creation page only works for wiki admins). Wiki admins can change users groups using the Special:UserRights page, Administrators can create accounts for others and Bureaucrats can create Administrator accounts.
Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.